​​​​​​  

Copyright 2017 | Downtown Special Improvement District | Bowling Green, OH

Newton House


135 North Grove St.
​C. 1878
This Italianate style is brick with roof brackets, moulded window caps, two-storied bay window and entrance columns. The home was first owned by Capt. Luther Black, and later by Capt. J.B Newton, a community  leader. Both men were Civil War Veterans. This  is the first house in Bowling Green  to have a bathtub.