Copyright 2016, 2017 Downtown Special Improvement District, Bowling Green, OH
Prospectus Art Walk 2017 - Saturday, April 29, 10am-4pm
Eligibility and Requirements
Anyone living within 50 miles of Bowling Green is eligible to participate. Artists may display works in any size or medium as space and amenities of the chosen venue allow. Work must be ‘family-friendly’ and acceptable by the venue. All work must be properly presented (i.e., framed, mounted or matted, with a hanging device).
• Individual Artists - Entry fee of $20.00
• Non-profit Organizations – Entry fee of $20.00 if profit from any sales exclusively benefits the organization and not the individual artists.
• Groups (Artist Co-ops, etc.) – Entry fee of $15.00 per artist. Artists may show together as a group at one location but each artist must register individually.
• Mailed entry fees are due by April 1.
Each form of registration must include all required information, and payment of your registration fee the April 1, 2017 deadline.
• Online: Register at this link:Click here to register for Art Walk 2017
• By Mail: The form can be downloaded and printed from these websites: DowntownBGOhio.org or BGArtsCouncil.com Mail your completed form with a check payable to Downtown Bowling Green to the address below, postmarked by March 27, 2017.
• In Person: You may download and print the form or pick up a form at our office and pay in person. We will accept payments of cash, debit or credit card by April 1, 2017
Downtown Bowling Green
130 S. Main Street
Four Corners Center
Bowling Green, OH 43402 If you have questions, please email BG Arts Council at BowlingGreenArtsCouncil@gmail.com
April 1, 2017 Entry deadline
April 29, 2017 Set-up at your venue prior to 10:00 AM
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM - Artwork Exhibited
April 29, 2017 After Art Walk Artists Party and Awards
4:30-5:30 PM at the Four Corners Center
130 S. Main Street, Bowling Green
Businesses throughout historic downtown Bowling Green will host galleries and vents. A list of businesses that are interested in hosting will be posted on the website. Updates will be made as new venues are identified. Some venues may host more than one artist. It is the responsibility of the artist to find a venue – but we will help if you need it. Contact information will be provided to assist you in securing a venue.
Entry into Art Walk 2017 is not juried. All paid participants (this excludes non-profits) will be juried for awards based on body of work. 1st - $75, 2nd - $50, and 3rd - $25 will be awarded. Additional certificates of award may be given at the discretion of the judges. Decision of the judges is final.
In addition, People’s Choice Awards will be given based on popular vote as follows: 1st - $75, 2nd - $50, and 3rd - $25. Awards will be announced at the After Art Walk Party following Art Walk at 6:00 PM at the Four Corners Center, 130 S. Main St., Bowling Green.
You may sell your artwork during Art Walk. No commission will be taken by BGAC, Downtown BG or participating venues. Work will not be insured.
If you have digital images of your work you would like us to use in our promotional materials, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your permission for us to use the photo to promote the event.
Neither Downtown BG and its affiliates, BG Arts Council and its affiliates, nor any ite gallery, property or business owner and their affiliates, nor the city of Bowling Green shall be held responsible for the safety of exhibits against robbery, theft, fire, accident, or any destructive cause whatsoever, nor for any injury to exhibitors. Downtown Bowling Green and the BG Arts Council may use images of the artists and the artwork, without compensation to the artist, to promote future events