Copyright 2017 | Downtown Special Improvement District | Bowling Green, OH
127 N Main St.
The Cla-Zel Theater opened on April 21, 1926 and is one of the oldest theaters in Ohio. Named for its owners, Clark & Hazel Young, it cost $150k. The silent movie “Irene” was the first screening. It was adapted to “talkies”, in 1930. The interior is refurbished while the balustrade roofline, box office, billboard frames and glazed terra cotta are original. Today this is a nightclub and special event center. Visit www.clazel.net for more information.