Commercial Bank & Saving Co.
130 S Main St.
This three story Neo-classical style structure is built of Indiana limestone by Leo Herman at a cost of $150k. Five months before the stock market crashed in 1929, the bank closed. Then, it was the Bank of Wood County 1931-1975 and then Huntington Bank. It is now the BG Chamber of Commerce, Downtown BG, BG Convention & Visitors Bureau and the BG Community Development Foundation The design is based on Greek temple designs. The original name of the bank is carved just below the frieze and is supported by four Doric columns with egg and dart moldings in their Capitals seprating the windows on the first and second stories.
Copyright 2017 | Downtown Special Improvement District | Bowling Green, OH