Exchange Park Building
101 North Main Street
The Exchange Bank, founded in 1871 by Edwin Reed and Frank Beverstock, was the oldest bank in Bowling Green. The Exchange Bank Building was constructed in 1883 by John R. Hankey and continued as a bank until it was absorbed by the Wood County Savings Bank. The three-story brick building is sparse in ornamentation. In simple cornice with plain, evenly spaced brackets springs from a bed molding which connects the brackets on both street facades. A slight elevation in the center of the Main Street cornice frames the applied name and date. The building currently houses professional offices on the second and third floors, and retail space on the first floor.
Copyright 2017 | Downtown Special Improvement District | Bowling Green, OH